Thursday, April 3, 2014

I've Been Nominated!!!

My sincere gratitude to It's the Little Things for nominating me for the Liebster Award! As a relatively new blogger I have to admit I didn't even know that this award existed. So, of course, I had to look it up and check it out!

"Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging."

So, I guess that means me! *Completely tickled pink* 



If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, here are the rules: write a blog post about the award in which you:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog (by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or     a “gadget”.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, (which will be provided to you by the person who nominated         you.)
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the your nominees to answer.

11 Random facts about me:

  1. I'm the biggest Star Trek fan I know since my grandmother passed.
  2. My favorite TV show is Big Bang Theory but my favorite movie is Firestarter.
  3. I'm a natural redhead but I used to dye my hair even redder to cover the grey hair I've had since I was 18.
  4. I have a redhead's temper, but I do try to curb it all of the time (with varying degrees of success).
  5. My favorite colors are purple, emerald green, and black.
  6. I acted completely confident but was scared to death when I first started homeschooling.
  7. I absolutely loath spiders!!! *EWshudder*
  8. I like homemade biscuits and gravy better than anything that can be bought.
  9. I could survive on coffee and fruit alone.
  10. I prefer to be nose first in a book (or craft) even in a room full of people ... I actually do well outside of crowded areas in general.
  11. I enjoy singing ... even if it is too loud and sometimes off key.
11 questions I'm to answer:

  1. What is your favorite passage of Scripture? Psalms 1
  2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I've always wanted to go to Scotland to see Stonehenge and soak in the country. My mother's side of the family came from there (I'm only the second one in the family to be born in America).
  3. What is your favorite book? The Hobbit
  4. If you could give advice to yourself as a child, what would it be? Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, there's a whole lot of things you're not going to enjoy about it (like bills).
  5. Who inspires you? My husband inspires me every day. He has the courage to face his illness and mobility issues every day. Not to mention the strength of will/character to push through the pain and continue living.
  6. What is the worst advice ever offered to you? Don't sweat the small stuff ... and it's all small stuff.
  7. What do you find to be the most challenging in your life right now? I'm really nervous about being able to keep up with the educational needs of my legally blind youngest daughter as her eyes continue to worsen.
  8. Are you "early to bed, early to rise", or are you a night owl who lives on coffee? I'm a night owl that lives on coffee. Honestly without that life sustaining nectar given to us by God I'd probably cease to function at all.
  9. Who is your favorite historical figure? Why? Ann Frank. We don't get to read about her entire life, we don't see into what happened to her in the concentration camps, but what we do get to see shows a child growing into a young adult (very quickly) all while in hiding with her family in extremely cramped quarters.
  10. Who is your favorite biblical figure? Why? Mary. She was brave enough to answer God's call and carry His only begotten son. And she was strong enough to follow his teachings.
  11. Why do you blog? I've always written. I have too many thoughts going on in my head not to. It doesn't matter if it's lists, a journal, Facebook posts, short stories, poems, or (now) this blog. I record what's going on in life because eventually I'm going to want to look back on it.
11 fellow bloggers I choose to nominate:


  1. Why do you choose to blog?
  2. What/who gives you the biggest inspiration in your writing?
  3. If you could go back (or forward) in time to any place/time, where/when would it be?
  4. What is one thing you wish you were braver about?
  5. What is one thing that you KNOW you're good at? (It's OK to toot our own horns sometimes)
  6. What is your favorite thing to do with your child(ren)?
  7. If you could do anything at all for just one day, what would it be?
  8. If you could somehow send a letter to your teenaged self, what advice would you give?
  9. If you could paint just one room really wacky in your home, which one would it be and how would you paint it?
  10. What is the best advice that you've ever been given?
  11. Do you drink coffee? If so do you think you could go a week (or even a day) without it?
OK. There. :-) I think that about covers it. Hopefully. That was a lot more thinking than I thought I would have to do for this post actually. Coming up with questions (and answers) can be tough!! 

Find us on Facebook here or subscribe to the blog for tips on homeschooling, book reviews, how to get your children helping out in the kitchen, and to see many pictures of the cute kiddos, plus much more!



No comments:

Post a Comment