Sunday, November 3, 2013

Our Thankful November

I've decided to do a new thing this year and have the children make a paper leaf and write a thing that they are thankful for every weekday this month. I'll be saving them in a plastic bag to look at in later years. 

The plan is to cut out leaf shapes from different kinds of paper (this is great motor skills work for Peanut), have them write one or two words about what they're thankful for in marker, and tape them to our wall near the entrance of our house. 

Not only is this a tangible item for the children to see how much they have to be thankful for at the end of the month but it will help keep some fall decorations in our home while I remove the Halloween items and begin sneaking in Christmas decorations (I put our first one up today before I removed any of our Halloween stuff). 

Mommy will be adding in a few paper acorns with what I'm thankful for in our display, just to mix it up a bit. I'll be introducing this idea to the children in the morning, after our walk but before our lessons. I'm hoping that the quick art quality of this idea will help the children to attempt to get their lessons done quickly.

What are you thankful for this season? Do you plan to do anything to "help" your children to see all that they are thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment