Monday, February 17, 2014

Tired of February Menu

OK, so what does being tired of February have to do with my menu this week? Actually, nothing at all. I'm just tired of February and needed a title of this post. The winter days are dragging on and on and it seems like February, though the shortest month of the year, lasts forever. I'm ready for winter to be over and spring to be here. At least in March spring is coming and we know it is.

Anyways, I'm rambling and this is supposed to just be my menu plan for this week that I'm sharing with Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday. I have to be honest here before I start though, each week Daddy and I plan the week's menu out together. This way if there's something that he'd like to cook we know which day that is going to be.

Sunday - Mini taco bowls and tacos made with ground turkey
Monday - Breakfast for dinner with turkey bacon, eggs, pancakes, and fried potatoes
Tuesday - Baked chicken legs, turnip greens, and mac and cheese
Wednesday - Turkey bratwursts with tater tots
Thursday - Daddy's homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes (meatloaf made with half ground beef and half ground turkey)
Friday - Salmon fillets and french fries along with a side salad
Saturday - Soup and sandwiches or left over buffet depending on what we have left over that hasn't been used up in lunches

As you can tell, nothing fancy this week. The turkey bratwursts are something new we're trying. The turkey kielbasa we tried last week was very good. We do eat far more turkey than other meats. We began doing that years ago when Daddy's heart health was in jeopardy and simply continued doing it because we now prefer it. The more turkey products that I can find, and that we like, the more we eat.

Find us on Facebook here or subscribe to the blog for tips on homeschooling, book reviews, how to get your children helping out in the kitchen, and to see many pictures of the cute kiddos, plus much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment