Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Plan Mania

I think we've all been there at one time in our adult lives or another. You get in the rythem of making menu plans and you attempt to stick to them, somewhere along the line you end up feeling like you just don't want to make supper. Why in the world do we need to eat so often?!?! Exasperated and retorical question that it is, it happens to all of us. This week I found myself tired of cooking, tired of planning, and at a loss for anything "new" I wanted to attempt to make.

So, I decided to plan for that! So, that's the plan I'm linking up to Organizing Junkie for Menu Monday this week.



Sunday - Pancakes and turkey bacon for supper (Daddy went to a Super Bowl thing and ate pizza with the guys.)
Monday - Eat out!! - we don't do this that often really and I'm planning on enjoying it! Thank you coupon fairy!
Tuesday - Lean Steak Tacos
Wednesday - Homemade potato and cheese perogies
Thursday - Spinach Spaghetti 
Friday - The neighbor is making us Beef Tips and noodles!!
Saturday - Soup and sandwiches 

Last week we had a lot of different green deserts, and if you didn't catch my weekly wrap up for our homeschooling the book I took information from was Green Eggs and Ham . I chose the deserts because I simply couldn't handle the green eggs nor ham (though they never state the ham is green you just kind of think of it that way). Green Goop is simply vanilla pudding with green food coloring added to it. The color and taste don't match for children so it comes as a surprise if they don't see you making it.

Next week we'll be doing some Valentines Day related deserts and items.

Find us on Facebook here or subscribe to the blog for tips on homeschooling, book reviews, how to get your children helping out in the kitchen, and to see many pictures of the cute kiddos, plus much more!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make a plan based on not feeling like planning. I have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks ... at least this way if we don't stick to the plan then I won't feel bad because it's a plan not to plan

      Delete