Monday, December 16, 2013

Preparing for Christmas Menus

Well, it's less than two weeks until Christmas and I'm very excited! Not only is it Christmas but this means a week off of our homeschooling (though I'm not sure who's more excited by this my children or myself) and a complete week off of blogging for me. I've promised my children that I will not blog even once from December 22 through December 28! I'm allowed to post a few updates, videos, or pictures on the Facebook page but that's it!

So ... this week I'm typing up two weeks worth of menus instead of just one.

Week of Dec. 15th:

Sunday - B - Triple Chocolate Breakfast Muffins. L - Leftover Homemade Chicken Soup. D - Beef roast, mashed potatoes, and corn.
Monday -  Pork roast with roasted veggies and a side salad
Tuesday -  Leftover Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and a side salad
Wednesday -  Pulled pork sandwiches made out of leftover pork roast from Monday night.
Thursday - Noni will be here. Subs night.
Friday - Grilled fish and veggie "packets" (yes, even in the snow) and a side salad
Saturday - Leftover Buffet/soup and sandwiches


Week of Dec. 22nd:

Sunday - Breakfast for dinner: pancakes, eggs, turkey bacon, biscuits, and turkey sausage
Monday - "something beef" night
Tuesday - B - French toast and turkey bacon. L - Soup and sandwiches. D - Rotisserie chicken and roasted veggies. Prep - Make lasagnas for Grandma's house and Noni's work for Christmas day.
Wednesday - B - Triple Chocolate Breakfast Muffins. L - build your own sandwich at Grandma's house. D - Christmas dinner at Grandma's house
Thursday - Christmas leftovers
Friday - Tuna Casserole
Saturday - Quesadillas

I'm not real sure about that last Saturday, we may change our minds by then. But, this is pretty much how it's going to be. And yes, I'll be making two full sized homemade lasagnas on Christmas Eve. One we'll be taking to Grandma's house for the whole family to enjoy for Christmas dinner, the other we'll be dropping off at Noni's work. She's an RN who has to work Christmas night and she and the other ladies on her floor will be really surprised at our bringing dinner to them.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas! I'll see you again for Menu Monday on December 30th. If you want to catch quick peaks of us next week you'll have to come check us out on Facebook here.

Linking up this Monday (as every Monday) with Organizing Junkie .

* Yes, that's two buttons for the same place... One for the last week of fall (Dec. 15th) and one for Christmas week (Dec. 22nd).

No comments:

Post a Comment