Monday, January 20, 2014

Maybe We'll Stick to the Menu

For the past several weeks I've made menu plans, shared them, shopped for them and then ... utterly failed to follow them. One thing or another would crop up and I'd forget to defrost something, or something else sounded better, or life popped into my way and I just blanked on what was supposed to be for dinner. 

So, with that in mind I tried to plan this week's menu plan accordingly.

Sunday - Baked chicken (half marinated in Dales sauce and orange juice, the other half plain), homemade macaroni and cheese, and green beans with garlic butter
Monday - Turkey BLT's and cream of mushroom soup
Tuesday - Chili dogs and baked potatoes
Wednesday - Beef roast (done in the rotisserie) and oven roasted veggies
Thursday - Split Pea Soup
Friday - Fish BBQ packets and veggie packets
Saturday - Left over buffet

And of course this week we're joining up with Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday!



Find us on Facebook here or subscribe to the blog for tips on homeschooling, book reviews, how to get your children helping out in the kitchen, and to see many pictures of the cute kiddos, plus much more!

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of taking the time to plan out your meals and grocery shop for them just to completely not make them. Trust me it happens to all of us. Try to find a way to keep yourself accountable for sticking to your meal plan. I'm posting pictures each night on Instagram of what we actually ate and it's making me actually cook what I planned. Anyways, good luck on cooking your meals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't set up an Instagram account nor twitter I know I'm behind on the times LOL perhaps I need to do so or at least post to my facebook pages ;-)

      Delete