Monday, October 21, 2013

Meet the Campers Mamma!!

Yup, that's right, you get to meet me! I don't talk about myself a whole lot, well, at least I don't think that I do. I do from time to time mention that I have a bit of OCD but then most parents do to some level I think. Mine kicks in during high periods of stress or when I make a schedule and it doesn't get finished or followed. I've learned to manage it a bit over the years but sometimes that doesn't mean much.



I'm thirty-three years young most days, some days it's "years old". I have a wonderful husband and beautiful children. I wasn't always a mom and wife but some days it feels like it. It seems like there's always something to do, someone interrupting, some disaster to manage, or someone to cuddle. That's my job, it's what I do, and I enjoy it ... most of the time. There are days (don't we all have them) where all I want to do is pour myself a glass of wine, sink into a bubble bath, and finish a good book while soaking to candle light and classical music. Maybe one of these days I'll do just that but right now I'm sure I'd be missing something fun or new with the kids that I'd regret not being out of the tub for. Besides, the tub we have isn't really big enough for a good soak and I'm waiting for a really really deep one to be installed in my master suit ... but the master suit is at the bottom of the to do list for the house.

I used to be quite a lot smaller than I am now, actually I looked pretty sick most of the time. When my husband met me I was a size 0! We're not saying what size I am now other than to brag a bit and say that I did drop a lot of weight and dress sizes lately and am feeling rather proud of myself. Fruits and veggies are some of my favorite foods ... along with coffee. Next spring I plan on putting a decent sized veggie garden in the side yard. It will have to be fenced in to keep deer and raccoons out, not to mention well intending doggies who want to help dig.

Being outside never used to be one of my favorite places to be. You'd find me next to a fire reading a good book (or not so good one) or finding something, anything, else to do indoors. I have natural red hair and really fair skin, the sun is not always my friend. I like to joke and say I have two colors: white and lobster red. This made camping for me a bit interesting. However, a few years ago I discovered that "tanning" (again I CAN'T tan) help psoriasis, which I have in spades. Now, I'm outside as often as I can manage it. I do usually still burn, but after two sun burns (OUCH) a year my psoriasis tends to go away for about six months which makes that worth it for me most years.

A lot of people think I'm a pretty serious person. Actually I'm a silly, goofy, clumsy, nerd who doesn't "fit in" with most groups. I'd fit right in at a Star Trek convention. Last night Star Trek the original television series was on while I was looking something up and without looking I piped up with "Spock" before my husband could flip the channel to something else. He's still mildly surprised when I do this. I'm known to occassionally pipe up with "Just cannae dae it Cap'n! We have nea enough ... (fill in the blank with whatever we're lacking at the time)". (Apparently spell check does not like it when you try to type with a Scottish accent.)

I end up in most of the same goofy pictures that the Peanut and Cracker Jack's do mostly because I want to get in on the fun. I add about a half inch to my height whenever someone asks me how tall I am and very few people know how much I weigh or what size I wear. I'm your typical 30-something mom and wife. The only thing I do differently than most women I know is that I homeschool my children. I LOVE homeschooling my children.

I'm not sure what else I can tell you about myself. My days are spent with the kiddos learning and playing. My evenings are spent either here or on Facebook. My nights are spent being cuddled by an incredible man. I am blessed with having a wonderful family as an adult and having so many of you interested in our little lives. Thank you for following us.


 If you missed it last week you can meet the hubby and his service dog here.
If you don't already like us on Facebook and you want to you can go here.


** OK, so the pictures weren't THAT embarrassing lol **




No comments:

Post a Comment